Gayton Baptist Church of Henrico, Virginia, is seeking a full-time NextGen pastor to implement and manage the strategic vision for high school youth and young adult ministries. With 450 worshiping each Sunday, Gayton’s vision is to see every life changed by Jesus.
High school youth currently participate in large group (Engage) and smalls groups each week (Sunday Bible study), and outreach events, retreats, and mission opportunities throughout the year. This position will be responsible for all facets of high school and young adult ministry, with a focus on developing small group and volunteer leaders who will meet students wherever they are in their faith journey, nurture them as disciples, and challenge them to be the presence of Christ in their world.
This position will lead the church’s implementation of young adult ministry as a bridge from high school ministry to adulthood.
– Providing a robust ministry incorporating in (discipleship), up (worship) and out (mission)
– Leading and training volunteers
– Communicating through large group messages, vision casting, and promotion of ministry opportunities
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in youth ministry, a college degree, and proven ability to build relationships with youth and adults. The candidate will also have theological depth & alignment with Gayton’s statement of beliefs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to the Youth Pastor Search Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– capable of being a role model
– team player with youth and staff teams
– theological depth & alignment with Gayton’s statement of beliefs
– awareness of trends in youth culture and ministry