Recent Mission Grant Recipients
Mission Grants were created to help the church fund individuals serving on mission throughout the year on an ongoing basis.
Recent Mission Grant recipients include:
- Kaya Prasad, currently on mission with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in Cambodia. Read her latest newsletter.
- Nathanael Blessington, traveling to Cuenca, Ecuador in July, on mission with Baptist Theological Seminary of Richmond.
- Jen Barker, who served as a Youth Resident at Gayton in 2012, served in Egypt with the Live/Dead Project. She will be teaching and building relationships with people in the Arab World.
- Tyler Hutcherson served with Church Hill Activities and Tutoring (CHAT) as a summer intern
- Genevieve Campbell served with medical missionaries in India
- Kathryn Freiburger worked at a school for the deaf in Puerto Rico
Thank you for supporting Mission Grants through your giving.
The Missions Council decided in 2012 to initiate Mission Grants, a funding program that allows the church to support short-term missionaries from the Gayton family who are participating in mission opportunities through other organizations.
The Council will consider applications based on the following criteria:
- The Call
We will seek to understand the call that God has placed on the applicant’s life to seek out God’s plan in the world.
- The Mission
We provide missions funding to organizations who further the vision and mission of our church in ways that the church cannot do on its own. Through our support of individuals on mission, we seek to provide similar support. The Missions Council will seek to understand how the sponsoring organization and the purpose of the experience will help to fulfill the goals of Gayton Baptist Church.
- Availability of Funds
We have limited funding available to support Mission Grant applicants, and we will evaluate to see what funds may be available to support your request.
Completed applications and reference forms can be returned to the church office at:
Gayton Baptist Church
c/o Missions Council
13501 North Gayton Road
Henrico, VA 23233
If you have any questions about Mission Grants, please contact the Mission Council chairman, Jim Riddell.